Thursday, March 08, 2007

Having a hard time lately.

Sorry all, but this post is a downer. I'm really discouraged. My husband and I need to move from my brother's house, long story, and yet nothing is opening up for us. We only have enough money for a couple of month's rent and after that...

I've never moved knowing that the money wasn't there to make the rent. I don't like doing it now. And yet, my brother and his family need the money. Since my sister-in-law's passing, my brother's finances have taken a nose dive and we need to move so they can get the financial aid they need by having my nephew's friend move in. I'm sick with the idea of causing them more stress by our still being here. We have no prospect of making more money at the time, and yet, we really need to move. I don't want to be the cause of my brother and his family not having their needs met, and we can't help them.

We've prayed and prayed. My husband's even tried starting his own business. All to no avail. I have no clue what our answer is. The stress is taking its toll on my marriage and our health.

So, whoever reads this, please pray that God will show us what to do. And that He will make His will and direction clear to us. I don't want to play guessing games, wondering about God's leading. We really need clear direction.

Thanks for letting me dump.

Debra

2 comments:

Jackie Layton said...

I am praying for you. I am having financial problems
myself and sway from praying constantly to not able to pray at all because I seem frozen with fear. I keep reading the Psalms and am learning how to pray them for my situation.
God bless you, I know God will see us all through these times.

susansbooks said...

My friend and I have a saying that helps us through these times, depression, finances, etc-He's still in the fire, and He's walking in the flames! Hallelujah!! Also, last week, I had an epiphany-my life should be decidedly less of me, and definitely more of Him. What is He doing with what's happening to me, not what am I feeling. Seeing things through God's eyes makes all the difference in the life of a depressive. I will pray for a resolution of your financial situation; I know well what fear of financial insecurity feels like!