Sunday, January 25, 2009

Touched beyond measure

It is with humble tears I post. We just never know whose lives our books will touch. Sometimes we writers ask ourselves..."Why am I doing this? Why do I put myself through all this aggravation? And for what?"

Well, here's for what...

This is an email that my precious niece wrote to me concerning Déjà vu Bride. With her permission, I'm posting her email.

~ ~ ~

Aunt Debbie,

I wanted to let you know how incredible I thought your new book was! I absolutely LOVED every page of it! I wasn't sure that it was possible, but I too think this book was even better than "The Bride Wore Coveralls". Not only was the book entertaining, vivid, and humorous, it really ministered to me. It was a reminder that I've been letting God slip out of my life. Livvy pushed God out when circumstances were bad - I realized I push Him out when things are good. While reading, I was in tears thinking about how tremendously God has blessed my life. He has given me THE most amazing son, saw me through the loss of my mother, given me the gift of true love, and delivered me from my own self destruction. How can I forget to thank Him? The second something goes wrong I immediately turn to God, but when everything is going okay I seem to almost forget about Him. Reading your book has shown me that I need to remember to praise God daily. I thank you for the revelation, it has changed me. Thanking God each day not only brings me closer to Him it reminds me not to take my blessings fore granted.

I am very impressed with your descriptive abilities. Reading your books are like watching a movie in my mind's eye. I also love the characters you develop, very realistic and unique. I am just so proud of you and very excited for you too! It's amazing to see you continue to blossom with each book. Now I'm in the midst of agonizing anticipation waiting for your the next one. LOL! I love love love you Auntie, keep up the awesome work!


Love,

Mandee : )

~ ~ ~

Amanda, I love you so very dearly. Thank you for reminding ME why I write. Not just because I love it, but for the very reason you emailed about. So... here's to putting aside the aggravation and frustration that accompanies the writing journey at times. Because of you and Jesus, I am going to...

Write on!

Until next time....

See ya~~~

3 comments:

Holly Magnuson said...

Debbie,
Thanks for sharing. I'm not a writer (but an avid reader) but I plan worship for my church. When someone comes to me says, "The song we sang last week stayed with me all week." Or "The other night I woke up singing such and such song." It reminds me why I'm going to school on top of everything else and why I do what I do.

I would love the opportunity to win "The Bride Wore Coveralls" I had just joined the group when you guys started discussing it, so I didn't buy it.

Blessings to you and continue sharing your God given gift.

Holly

Debra Ullrick said...

HollyMag, thank you for checking out my blog. I so understand what you mean about a worship song. I remember many times when a worship song ministered to an aching place in me on a certain day.

Keep up the awesome work.

I'll add your name to the drawing.

Have a great week.
Debra

Patty said...

Debra, thanks for sharing from the heart of your niece. That is what it's all about isn't it! Your post makes me want to read Dejavu Bride even more. I read "The Bride Wore Coveralls" and loved it, and I'm sure Dejavu is equally as good.