Friday, January 26, 2007

Boo hoo, sniff sniff. I SO want three sets of eyes!

I don't know if it's three heads and three sets of eyes I need or what for sure. All I know is I'm reading three stories at once. Now, you may be wondering why I'm reading three at one time. Well, it's simple actually. I have one in the library. No... not THAT library. The other library. You know, the one where you can go, where no one else bothers you. Especially when they see you headin' that way with a book in hand. Yeppers. That's the one. The bathroom library. Oh don't go actin' all shocked. Most everyone has a library in their bathroom. And those that don't. Well, that just ain't normal. *snicker snicker*

Okay, another novel is on my nightstand. I love to read before I fall off to sleep. It's so relaxing. sigh. And the last one is placed where I spend most of my day... near my recliner... where my laptop abides.

I know that I could read just one and shuffle it to each spot, but then why get stranded in the bathroom without a story to read because I forgot to take it with? Forget it. No way Jose! As for the one beside my nightstand... simple.... they are always Heartsong Presents books. Why? For one, they're great little novels, and for two, I want a smaller book to hold. Ya know, one that's not so heavy. I know, I know, that's terrible, but who can enjoy reading when their shoulders feel like they're ready to fall off. hehe. And, the third one, well, I just like having one readily available where I spend most of my time. That way, when I need a break from writing, searching the net, or emailing, I can kick back and read. All of that sounds really simple and understandable right. Well, okay, it's fess up time. The main reasons is... they all sounded so fantastic that I wanted to read them all at once. So... I had to find places for them so I could devour them. Okay, there you have it. The truth. I can't help myself. I don't have the patience to wait until I get one read before going on to another. sigh. Do you think there's such a thing as a book addicts anonymous group? If so, I need to sign up ASAP! NOT! I don't want to be free from this wonderful addiction. ahhhhh. hehe

Oh yeah, for your 411, I can keep the stories straight. I know what's happening in each one, and I know which character belongs to what novel. Maybe I have three brains after all, and I just don't know it. Three of me. That's a scary thought.

Are you curious which ones I'm reading. No. Well, I'll tell ya about one of them anyway. *smiling* The other two you'll have to wait until my next post. Which, hopefully will be in a day or so. I'm still trying to get the hang of this bloggin' thing. So, bear with me. *cheeky grin*

Okay, one of them is... The Guy I'm Not Dating, by Trish Perry. Let me tell ya, I just got started on it yesterday, and I laughed so hard. These two sentences, taken from the book, will make you curious for sure.

"Who's the cutie-pie?"

"The most gorgeous man I've ever acted stupid in front of."

Let me tell you, that last sentence is an understatement. Poor Kara.
Curious who Kara is... well buy the book. *smiling* I know, I know, I'm mean, but hey, it's a great story so far, and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on such a fun novel.

Well, it's extremely hard typing without a "T" key button, so I'm gonna sign off for now.
Sometime next week, I'm gonna post another one of my short-short stories. So check back. I really am gonna work harder at posting on a regular basis. Honest. Gulp.

Have a great weekend!
Debra

4 comments:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Okay, now that's just too hilarious. I know you'll love The Guy I'm Not Dating. When you finish the story you'll see why the story's title makes so much sense. :)

Staci Stallings said...

It's funny to me that people say, "I don't know how you can read (and/or write) three, four, six books at a time. How do you keep them all straight?" But they can watch six-ten different TV programs a week--all with different characters and different story lines, and they don't seem to have any trouble keeping them separate. My question is: What's the difference!

Viva la bilbliotecha de toilete! (haha... a very bad amalgam of languages to say "I can so relate to being caught in the bathroom with NOTHING to read! Long live the bathroom library!)

Mindy Obenhaus said...

Okay, I have really got to work on my multi-tasking skills. I don't think I could read more than one. I get so emotionally vested into each story I read, the characters follow me around until I finish the thing. My family usually suffers. Can you believe they actually think they need 3 meals a day? Sheesh!

Mindy Obenhaus

Staci Stallings said...

Mindy,

Here's the thing. Not only am I reading 2 or 3 (or 5), I'm also writing 3 or 4 (or 7)! Haha. Not all at the same TIME, mind you, but they are all going. Like I said though, it's totally like tuning in to a different TV program. Forget what's happening? Just jump back a page or two, and you're caught up again. I think I'd be BORED if I had to stick with ONE!