Monday, May 27, 2013

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. & ALL THOSE WHO SERVED AND ARE SERVING THIS NATION!!!

This is my mom and dad. This year has been, and is, super hard for me. I miss my mom, who passed away in October of 2011, terribly and my dad too. (He passed away on November 9, 1979.) My dad is on the right. As a result of the war, my dad and the other soldiers in WW11 and every other war fought and still being fought paid, and are paying, a high price for our freedom. Whenever my dad was asleep, each time we woke Pops up, we had to stand way back from him becasue he always came up swinging his fisted hands. Many nights he would jump on top of my mom and yell, "Suicide bombers! Man the hatches!" He drank heavily to forget the horrors he lived in the war. Like buddies blown up in front of him, living in constant fear for the lives of those they loved and for their own life, and eating bread infested with maggots, killing other human beings while looking them in the face, just to name a few. At first Pops said they used to remove the maggots, then after awhile they just ate them because there were too many and they were hungry. He said when you're hungry, you'll eat anything. Thank God I've never known that kind of hunger. Please take a moment to remember all of those who in the past and in the present, who have and who are, fighting to keep the freedom we now enjoy. And be careful to not let anyone, political or otherwise, rob you of that freedom that cost so many wonderful men and women their lives and some, even their very sanity, their limbs and health, and their family life etc. GOD BLESS THE USA AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT AND ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM!!!

No comments: