Friday, October 26, 2012

This is why I write. (A letter from a reader.)

I received the following letter from a reader. It blessed my heart and reminded me why I write. And that is... to touch reader's lives.

With his permission, I want to share it with  you.

Here it is:


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Mrs Ullrick
Thank you very much for writing The Unlikely Wife. I was really touched by it and I very much enjoyed that the references to the Bible weren't just there to make it more realistic for the timeframe, like in other Harlequin Historical/Love Inspired Historical books I've read so far. It's a really beautiful story, and, especially towards the end, I quite started to envy Michael a bit. I pray the Lord will one day give me a wife that's as good for me as Selina was for Michael, and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me. I pray the Lord will make me worthier each day, but I'm longing for it to happen as soon as possible. On the other hand I wouldn't want to risk having someone else instead of Him in the centre, when I'm already struggling at that as it is.
Again, I really thank you for this beautiful work. It is rare for any literature touching an avid reader like me so deeply. I will most likely read through many of your other books over time now. I'd certainly rather buy something like this than to buy just some Harlequin book by a random writer as I've done so far.
Kind Greetings from Switzerland
Joel

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Thank you, Joel, for your precious letter. It is one I will treasure forever.

Debra

~ ~ ~

Thank you all for stopping by.

Until next time...

See ya ~ ~ ~

New York Times & CBA bestseller --- A Log Cabin Christmas
FOREWARNED ...if only she had listened...
The Unexpected Bride, The Unlikely Wife, Groom Wanted, The Unintended Groom (2013)
Colorado Courtship (The Rancher's Sweetheart) LIH Anthology with Cheryl St. John (Jan 2013)
Christmas Belles of Georgia, Dixie Hearts, The Bride Wore Coveralls, Déjà vu Bride

No comments: