Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You never know what God will do.

I just had to share. We just never know how God will use one of our novels.

Recently, my aunt bought my book, The Bride Wore Coveralls. I called her tonight because she told my mom she needed to buy a few more copies. And here's why...

A week or so ago, she and her sister were talking. My aunt told her sibling that I'd written a book, and how nice it was to read something where the characters didn't flit from bedroom to bedroom.

She mentioned the nice Christian theme and touching message. It was then that my aunt discovered that her sister was a born-again Christian. All this time she didn't know, because changing "religions" was taboo in their family. She is so relieved and so excited.

Isn't God kewl. To think that, The Bride Wore Coveralls, opened the door for this amazing discovery is so touching.

If anyone else has a story to share how God used their stories in any way, please post it. I'd love to hear all about it.

God bless you all.

Until next time...

See ya~~~

Debra Ullrick
The Bride Wore Coveralls, available now.
Déjà vu Bride, coming in October/November 2008
Dixie Hearts, coming February 2009

3 comments:

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

That *is* cool. :) Obviously, I hadn't read this post until you directed me over here.

I haven't heard too much from those who have read my books, but I did get an email from a lady who had just lost her father a few months before, and she said she was comforted by the journey my heroine took through the pain, loss, grief, blaming God, turning away from God and eventually finding comfort once more.

It's amazing when you hear how the words you've written have touched lives. Definitely a God-thing!

Debra Ullrick said...

Thank you for sharing your story, Tiff.

What's the name of the book that blessed the woman so much?

Debra Ullrick

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Oh! Duh. Forgot to post that. It's Promises, Promises, and it's the first of 3 from my Delaware Brides series. Book 2, Quills & Promises released in July and book 3 comes out in December. You can order them through my web site (www.ambermiller.com/books.html).